Varicose veins are a very common condition, affecting up to 3 in 10 adults.  Given how common varicose veins are, here is some pertinent information about them and their common variation - Spider veins. 
Let's start with the similarities between the two:
- Both Spider veins and Varicose veins are either twisted or enlarged veins. This is something that can happen to any vein that is close to the surface of the skin. 
- Both appear most commonly in the legs because standing and walking put increased pressure on the veins of our legs. 
- They are both a type of venous disease 
- For most people, both Spider and Varicose veins are just cosmetic concerns. However, both can also be a condition that causes discomfort and pain or in some cases, Varicose veins may lead to a significant medical issue such as blood clots or embolisms 
- While each person may experience symptoms differently, both Spider and Varicose veins present with similar symptoms - i.e. changes in skin colour, rashes, sores, or sensations in the legs like heaviness or burning. 
- Pretty much anyone can be affected by Spider or Varicose veins, and both are hereditary conditions. 
- Some of the factors that increase the chances of someone getting Spider or Varicose veins are also the same - gender, occupation, or lifestyle, and whether they are overweight. 
Now, let's look at some significant differences:
- Spider veins are smaller and thinner when compared to Varicose veins. They are usually less than 1 mm in diameter. Varicose veins can also bulge out against the skin.
- Spider veins are usually red or purple, whereas Varicose veins can be blue, blue-green, or dark purple in colour.
- Spider veins appear in clusters that look bruised, but Varicose veins don’t cluster in the same way
- Spider veins can appear on the nose, feet, legs, or cheeks, whereas Varicose veins usually appear on the legs
How to treat the symptoms of Varicose and Spider veins?
You could consider Esenvia®, an over-the-counter product that relieves pain, swelling, burning sensations, heaviness of legs, and Spider veins. Diosmin, the active ingredient in Esenvia®, is known to improve venous tone, have anti-inflammatory, and vasculoprotector properties and stimulates lymphatic circulation. Esenvia® is also clinically proven!
This product may not be right for you. Always read and follow the label.
Esenvia® is a registered trademark owned by Norwell Consumer Healthcare Inc.
 NHS inform Scotland About Varicose Veins, who is affected:
[2.3.4] Mayo Clinic Varicose veins overview:
[5.6] Cleveland Clinic Varicose Veins:
 Hopkins Medecin what are the symptoms of varicose veins?
 Web MD Varicos veins and Spider Veins: Symptoms and Treatment